Thursday, June 25, 2009

What a Day.

So, today started out with an announcement on AOL that Farrah Fawcett had died. I was shocked. Yes, I knew she was sick and probably terminal, but it was suprising still. Plus, she was only 62. This afternoon I went to a Mariners baseball game with my sister who is visiting from out of state, and our parents. They bought the tickets months ago, and though I had planned to take Sophie, I decided not to, since Chet was home. I was very glad I didn't bring her. There is no way she would have sat still, and I would have been chasing her all over the stadium. I love going to games, and this was this first time in about three or four years. I did wish Chet was there, but we had a great time. So, my sister shows me a text that our other sister sent her, saying Michael Jackson died. I couldn't believe it. I really thought I misunderstood. So, I text Chet to turn on the news, but he didn't hear the message come through. When we got to the car, my mom turned on the radio, and yes, it was true. I am just shocked, and sad. I really love Michael Jacksons music. Yes, his behavior got stranger and stranger. But, how could most of us possibly relate to him? He was thrust into an adult business at an early age. He didn't get to have a real childhood. He was pulled in many directions, I am sure. As for the allegations against him, I really don't know. I do think it was easy to think yeah, he is weird, he must be guilty. But, I know from personal experience that child molesters often look like nice, normal adults. They want to blend in, not stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe he really just wanted to act like a child, since he never really got to be a child. I do hope he finds some peace now. The thought that always sticks in my head is "Only the Good Die Young". While I don't know that is true, I do know lots of good people who have died young. I am pretty sure I will die an onry old woman:) Ironically, my sisters and I have been working on a memorial brick for our sister Cathy, who died in a car accident in 1986, at the age of 18. The highschool we graduated from built a new school which opened this year, and they sent out an email months ago detailing the bricks and how we could order them. We decided to make it a suprise for our parents for Mothers Day and Fathers Day. The plan was that when the brick went in they would send us an email with a picture, which we could print out to present to our parents. The brick went in today. Strange timing, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
After being obese my entire adult life, I started Weight Watchers on 10/20/09. So far, so good.