Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Blog

I'd been thinking lately that I needed to write a more up beat blog at some point. Then when I logged in tonight, I notice there was an ad for a clinical study on depression. So, I guess my blogs have been downers lately. The funny thing is, I have been having a great time lately. I love spring and summer. I don't love the heat, but I love the warm, sunny days. I love barbecues, picnics, trips to the beach,and just sitting out on the patio enjoying our beautiful view of trees. The last summer that I wasn't working was in 1985, and I babysat all summer long. Actually, I babysat from the summer of 1981 on, until I got my job in the summer of 1985. so, while I am looking( a little) for a job, the thought of having the summer to spend with Sophie is very tempting. My last day of work last year was August 29th, so summer was pretty much over. Summer always reminds me of my childhood. We always did lots of fun things in the summer. Plus, no school! Summer also reminds me of the summer of 2007, when we were expecting Sophie. I did get part of that summer off. I started my leave the last week of July, and Sophie was born August 10th. Today Sophie went in her little pool for the first time this year. I pput her in it, standing, and she wanted nothing to do with it. Later, our neighbors came over to join us, and Sophie's little friend who is a year older went right in, and then so did Sophie. It was so much fun to watch all three enjoying the pool, and playing in the backyard. Summer also means Chet barbecueing alot. This year he is working late some nights, but when he is here he usually barbecues. I love the smell of the barbecue. I love all the sounds of summer. I can't wait to enjoy the rest of it. Even if I do have to work at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
After being obese my entire adult life, I started Weight Watchers on 10/20/09. So far, so good.