Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dance Your Ass Off

Really?? Really??? Really?!! So I turned to channel 50 this morning while drying my hair, to see which cycle of America's Next Top Model would be marathoning today. Instead, they were repeating the first episode of Dance Your Ass Off. In case you haven't seen the commercials, or the late night shows making fun of the dancers, the show is a dance contest with overweight contestants. I watch the short intro for one of the contestants, and then the dance. Or, as much of the dance as I could bear to watch. I had to turn it off because I started crying. First off, the outfit the girl was wearing was unreal. Very tight spandex with ripped lace. Come on, at least put them in well fitting costumes. There is no reason why they can't outfit them in nice, flattering dance outfits. Then, the moves were frenetic and wild. It just seemed like it was a set up for them to be made fun of. And why the title? Remember the movie Hairspray? Where there was one dancer that happened to be heavey but could dance well? No, the powers that be have to create a show with a demeaning title, put the contestants in ridiculous costumes, and yet again, exploit the overweight. I'm sorry, this is just how I feel. Don't even get me started on the new show about a bachelor and a bunch of "plump" bachelorettes. I don't remember the title, but it is another"clever" one. Needless to say, the bachelor is bigger too. Because he would have to be, right??! Ugh!!! This shit just pisses me off! Soon we will have our own society. Fat people to the left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
After being obese my entire adult life, I started Weight Watchers on 10/20/09. So far, so good.