Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Healthcare?

Okay, first off let me say that I pay little attention to the news and politics. I hate the news. It is dreary, often repeated, and I have yet to find an anchor that can speak without tons of mistakes. We only get our free City newspaper twice a week, and half the time it doesn't show. So I really don't know a lot of what is going on. So now that they passed Healthcare "reform" I decided I better read the details. Okay, insurance companies can no longer turn you down for coverage based on a pre existing condition. I think that is great. Say you have a chronic illness, you lose or change jobs, you should be able to PAY for insurance for Christ's sake. But, come 2014, if you choose not to have health insurance for whatever reason, you will be fined. That is freaking insane. Some people choose not to have insurance and just pay out of pocket if they have to go to the doctor. This is still America, right? We do still have the right? Well, I guess not. I find this very scary. If we are going to go there, where is it going to end? Pretty soon adults that don't work will be fined. After all, if you don't have a job, you aren't paying taxes. And they are going to need a hell of a lot of tax money to pay for this crappy "reform". Is insurance going to be cheaper? No. I am sure it will be going up. Is the government going to provide healthcare, like many other countries? No. We will still be paying out the butt for it, our taxes will be higher, and no doubt they will add special tax to over the counter medicines. And every other freaking thing we buy. Have I mentioned before that I regret giving Obama my vote?! I will guarantee he will not be getting it in 2012, unless the Republicans trot out someone horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
After being obese my entire adult life, I started Weight Watchers on 10/20/09. So far, so good.